Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Mini Access Point

From: goat <goat () severus org>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:28:41 -0400

There is a DIY solution:

NET4501 from www.soekris.com

Mini-PCI 802.11b cards, antennas and pigtails from www.netgate.com

Not exactly what you need in funished form, but I asked myself the same question a while back and came up blank.
Building one myself turned out to be the only viable option.

With a 20 amp-hour battery, my drop box runs for ~2.5 days.  I use a variant of my box as a passive 802.11 sniffer
using a battery-powered soekris NET4521, a 5GB pccard HD and a senao wireless card.  It all fits in a waterproof
electrical enclosure which can be strapped to a utility pole:
http://www.severus.org/wireless/wifi-drone.jpg
http://www.severus.org/wireless/box-guts.jpg
http://www.severus.org/wireless/box-censored.jpg

goat

Jeffrey wrote:
Hey People,

Just wondering if anyone is aware of a mini 802.11b access point that can be plugged inline with a network device
such a printer.  I am conducting a pen test and would like to use this device in my social engineering attack.

Thanks
Jeff

FREE Whitepaper: Better Management for Network Security

Looking for a better way to manage your IP security?
Learn how Solsoft can help you:
- Ensure robust IP security through policy-based management
- Make firewall, VPN, and NAT rules interoperable across heterogeneous
networks
- Quickly respond to network events from a central console

Download our FREE whitepaper at:
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Solsoft_pen-test_031015

--
goat () severus org