Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: penetration test in a Windows 2000/NT network

From: Herwig.Thyssens () ey be
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 11:05:18 +0200

An  other  way  of  tackling the problem is going 'SNMP'. If you can find a
hole  in that (write access, etc), you control the complete network. Why go
specific  if  it  is possible to become "puppet master of then all".  There
are some nice tools out there (commercial and open source) to find the SNMP
services  and  play  with them (e.g. solarwinds, sans SNMPing and of course
nmap).

But more specific towards your questions:

=> smbrelay; smbrelay2 (Sir Dystic, Cult of the dead cow, man-in-the middle
relay attack, a very fun tool  :-)

Met vriendelijke groet,

Herwig Thyssens
Ernst & Young TSRS (formerly ISAAS)
Technology and Security Risk Services
204 Avenue Marcel Thiry Laan, B-1200 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: +32-(0)2-774.63.08 - Fax: +32-(0)2-774.94.79
E-mail: herwig.thyssens () ey be Url: www.tsrs.be