Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Bluetooth

From: "Rob Shein" <shoten () starpower net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:44:42 -0500

I know of several academic documents that outline places to start looking,
but I know of no pen-testing tools as of yet.  What's your ultimate goal
here?  Some wired-side vulnerabilities have been found in access points
(like Red-M's product, for example, which has a TFTP server you can't turn
off...lovely for brute force password attacks).

For documents, I know a few good ones:

http://ece.gmu.edu/courses/ECE543/presentationsF01/pachpa_bluetooth.pdf
(good overview)

http://www.giac.org/practical/GSEC/Tu_Niem_GSEC.pdf (good refs at end)