Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Features of a vulnerability scanner

From: Patrick Boucher <pboucher () gardienvirtuel com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 14:07:21 -0500

Greetings,

1) One of the most important feature in a vulnerability scanner is it's
ability to modify it's parameters, For exemple, something the target will not
answer to Ping, traceroute or even TCP ping.  But will have port 25 open.
The scanner should do it's work even in thoses conditions.

2) And SQL injection and analysis of the web page's content. Like extracting
comments or error in HTML programming.

That's one of the primary thing that, I think, is missing.

If any body know of a way to do thoses thing, please let me know!

Patrick