Penetration Testing mailing list archives

How to unsub from this list or others

From: Alfred Huger <ah () securityfocus com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 12:35:53 -0700 (MST)

My recent probe to the Pen-Test & Securityjobs list harvested a number of
people replying asking for removal from the lists. It's intention was to
harvest auto-replies which were then piped into a progam which removed the
offending address from the list. For those of you who wish to unsub
yourselves I have included instructions below on how to do this
yourselves. The instructions are specific to the Pen-Test list but are
true for any list we manage here - just replace the relevant pieces with
the desired list name. Please note you must unsub *FROM* the address you
signed up from otherwise it will not work.

-al

0.3 List Management

0.3.1 How do I subscribe?

Send an e-mail message to pen-test-subscribe () securityfocus com. The
contents of the subject or message body do not matter. You will receive a
confirmation request message to which you will have to answer.

0.3.2 How do I unsubscribe?

Send an e-mail message to pen-test-unsubscribe () securityfocus com from the
subscribed address. The contents of the subject or message body do not
matter. You will receive a confirmation request message to which you will
have to answer.

If your email address has changed email listadmin () securityfocus com and
ask to be manually removed.

0.3.3 How do I disable mail delivery temporarily?

Unsubscribe from the list and resubscribe to start receiving mailing list
traffic again.

0.3.4 Is the list available in a digest format?
Yes.

0.3.5 How do I subscribe to the digest?

Send an e-mail message to pen-test-digest-subscribe () securityfocus com. The
contents of the subject or message body do not matter. You will receive a
confirmation request message to which you will have to answer.

0.3.6 How do I unsubscribe from the digest?

Send an e-mail message to pen-test-digest-unsubscribe () securityfocus com
from the subscribed address. The contents of the subject or message body
do not matter. You will receive a confirmation request message to which
you will have to answer.

0.3.7 I seem to not be able to unsubscribe. What is going on?

You are probably subscribed from a different address than that from which
you are sending commands to the list from. Either send email from the
appropriate address or email listadmin () securityfocus com to be
unsubscribed manually.

0.3.8 Can you add a tag like "[PEN-TEST]" to the subject line of each
message?

Not at this time.

0.3.9 How can I tell whether I am subscribed to the list?

Send an e-mail message to pen-test-query () securityfocus com. If you want to
test whether you are subscribed to the digest send an e-mail message to
pen-test-digest-query () securityfocus com.

Alfred Huger
Symantec Corp.