Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Send output to file in SQL

From: "Narayana Kondreddi" <Vyaskn () btopenworld com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 20:48:09 -0000

Alec, there are couple of ways to do this in Microsoft SQL Server.

 - Use a DTS (Data Transformation Services) package to output the query
results to a text file (SQL Server 7.0 and above)
 - Run the query from command line, using isql.exe or osql.exe by passing
the query and the output file name as parameters
 - In Query Analyzer, you can save the output to a file, from the File menu

HTH,
Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)
Check out my SQL Server website @
http://vyaskn.tripod.com/