Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: testing for IP address space leakage in NAT systems

From: "Jonah Kowall" <jkowall () psteering com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 12:54:27 -0500

I use a firewall filter, but you can throw up a filter to check for
them.  I also check for outgoing and incoming leakage:

On my Cisco I do this.

Access lists:
access-list 101 deny   ip mynetwork any log-input
access-list 101 deny   ip 127.0.0.0 0.255.255.255 any log-input
access-list 101 deny   ip 10.0.0.0 0.255.255.255 any log-input
access-list 101 deny   ip 172.16.0.0 0.15.255.255 any log-input
access-list 101 deny   ip 192.168.0.0 0.0.255.255 any log-input
access-list 101 permit ip any any
access-list 102 permit ip mynetwork any
access-list 102 deny   ip any any log

In wan interfaces:
 ip access-group 101 in
 ip access-group 102 out

You can accomplish these filters with any firewall using similar rules.