Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Wireless Security Tools

From: Michael J McCafferty <mike () m5computersecurity com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 12:37:02 -0700

Andy,

BSD Airtools is missing from your list. It's an excellent suite of wireless tools for BSD.

Available from:
http://www.dachb0den.com/projects/bsd-airtools.html

Mike

At 02:34 PM 8/25/2002 +0100, Talisker wrote:
Hi
I've been trying to compile a list of wireless security tools, I think it's
pretty much there with the exception of a few beta tools.  Or so I
think.........

If you know of any other good tools out there could you kindly let me know
so that I can include them

thus far I have:

NetStumbler
Kismet
Fake AP
Wellenreiter
AirSnort
WaveStumbler
Wireless Scanner
Airosniff (need new URL)
AiroPeek
Stumbverter
AP Scanner
Sniffer Wireless

salient details at  http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk/wireless.htm

Fake AP sounds quite interesting
" Black Alchemy's Fake AP generates thousands of counterfeit 802.11b access
points. Hide in plain sight amongst Fake AP's cacophony of beacon frames. As
part of a honeypot or as an instrument of your site security plan, Fake AP
confuses Wardrivers, NetStumblers, Script Kiddies, and other undesirables. "

Thanks in advance for any help
-andy
Taliskers Network Security Tools
http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/

Michael J. McCafferty
M5 Computer Security
858-576-7325 Voice
PGP Key ID:   0x2206347F
http://www.m5computersecurity.com
--- "If you build it, they will hack !" ---