Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Penetration Testing/Vulnerability Assessment

From: Emre Yildirim <emre () sgi asper org>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 23:37:59 -0500

Julias P wrote:

I have been reading about the reponses on "Security Audit" and I have learnt
quite a lot. I am currently working on implementing a security policy for my
organisation, before we hire some security consultant for review.  I think

vulnerability assessment goes hand in hand with penetration testing.

Take a look at this:
http://www.securityfocus.com/focus/basics/articles/policies.html

What about free tools I could use for penetration
testing.

http://www.securityfocus.com/tools

nmap (www.insecure.org) is also very useful.

--
Emre Yildirim <emre () asper org>
GPG KeyID 0xF9E4A1D1 (keyserver.pgp.com)

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/