Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Penetration Testing/Vulnerability Assessment

From: Julias P <pjulias () cbz co zw>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 20:44:38 +0200

I have been reading about the reponses on "Security Audit" and I have learnt
quite a lot. I am currently working on implementing a security policy for my
organisation, before we hire some security consultant for review.  I think
vulnerability assessment goes hand in hand with penetration testing.

Would one do a vulnerability assessment first and then penetration testing?
Are there any sites I can find out more on penetration testing  and
vulnerability testing. What about free tools I could use for penetration
testing.

PJ

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/