Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: FW: RE Modem identification

From: Stephan Barnes <stephan.barnes () foundstone com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 06:31:53 -0700

Great question.

Many times Tone-LOC gets cleaner banners because it has an option
to strip the parity bit (if you want it to).

Run TLCFG.exe and check under Scan Options the Parity Stripping Option.

In your case im not sure how you address connection issues but your
answer is in how you hanlde parity once connected.

Stephan Barnes
stephan.barnes () foundstone com
http://www.m4phr1k.com

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
of the
intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is strictly
prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender and delete
all copies.
Thank You.