Penetration Testing mailing list archives

/_vti_bin/_vti_aut/admin question

From: "Gary O'leary-Steele" <GaryO () sec-1 com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 10:54:16 +0100

Hi,

I am performing an audit against a web server with iis 5.0 with front page
installed. I can get read access to /_vti_bin/_vti_aut/admin.dll &
admin.exe. I have tried to publish pages using FrontPage with no success.
Can anyone advise of ways to utilise these executables to gain access?

Kind Regards

Gary O'leary-Steele
Technical Consultant

Email:           GaryO () sec-1 com
Web Site:      www.sec-1.com

----------------
The contents of this Email may be privileged and are confidential. It may
not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the addressee(s), nor
copied in any way. If received in error, please advise the sender, then
delete from your system.

The opinions expressed within this email represent those of the individual
and not necessarily those of Sec-1 ltd.

Should you wish to use Email as a mode of communication, Sec-1 ltd are
unable to guarantee the security of Email content outside of our own
computer systems.

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/