Penetration Testing mailing list archives

802.11B and libpcap

From: "Ronny Vaningh" <ronny.vaningh () be uu net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 22:24:01 +0200

Hi

I want to capture the 802.11B link layer data with etherreal.
I've read that you need to patch your libpcap for use with 802.11B
networks.

However on the tcpdump site I could not find any pointers to this
subject.

Could anybody help me out here.

Also, what is so special in the PRISMII cards that airsnort only works
with them, and can you recommend any card in particular.

Thanks

Ronny Vaningh
Ronny () -do-no-spam-netrusion com

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/