Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Blind penetration testing

From: "Grab Raham" <grabraham () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 19:01:06

I like to send an email to an internal address that is more than likely going to bounce back at me. The mail headers in the bounceback often reveal valuable information.

G.

Im about to start work on a completely blind penetraton test for a >client. The only information i have been given is the company name. >From this i can get their corporate web site and from there do a DIG >for more company info and address ranges after which i can start my >reconnaissance. Question, can anyone out there offer any tips based on >this scenario?