Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Blind penetration testing

From: "Meritt James" <meritt_james () bah com>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 15:02:36 -0400

There is always the  obvious public source:  name servers (like
nslookup), whois servers (Internic is a good place to start), dejanews
postings (dredge up interests as well as email addresses, paths,...) and
such.  I took your question to refer to public sources, yes?

I like to start at
http://www.ms.mff.cuni.cz/cgi-bin/dns?SERVER=bsu.edu&DEF_SERV=Default+Server&DOMAIN=mff.cuni.cz&NAME=&IP=

Nice, out of the way, hard to trace through,...

V/R

Jim

Trey Mujakporue wrote:

Im about to start work on a completely blind penetraton test for a client.
The only information i have been given is the company name. From this i can
get their corporate web site and from there do a DIG for more company info
and address ranges
after which i can start my reconnaissance.
Question, can anyone out there offer any tips based on this scenario?

#include <signature.h>
://Trey Atarhe Mujakporue
://tmujak () ins com

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/

--
James W. Meritt, CISSP, CISA
Booz, Allen & Hamilton