Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: LDAP + Active Directory

From: "Sacha Faust" <sacha () severus org>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 18:00:52 -0400

most of the time you can get a list of name context by connecting to the
LDAP server on it's rootdse ( if it's a compliant ldapv3 server). You can
get a small tool to get the rootdse data from
http://www.severus.org/sacha/ldap/ldaprootdse/ . LdapMiner is able to dump
usefull information on exchange and netscape directory server ( more to
come ). You can also grab some stuff on LDAP from my home page
http://www.severus.org/sacha/ .
I will add more things soon to it. A quick introduction on basic LDAP
security can be found from http://www.tisc2001.com/newsletters/318.html

If my memory is correct, I was able to dump a user list from Active
Directory without Administrator credentials when I ran a few queries at it a
year ago but I completely forgot witch. Anyone as a done tests on
information that can be collected from AD via null sessions?