Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: pen-testing cisco routers

From: Fyodor <fygrave () tigerteam net>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 02:10:41 +0700

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 11:51:53AM -0600, Ryan Russell wrote:
On Thu, 24 May 2001, ruka + wrote:

I've been doing pen-testing in a client, and we found a couple of
CISCO routers w/ SNMP enabled (2500 and 1601).

We have already extracted info about (IPs, routes, et al). Anyone
knows if thereā•¢s a possibility to extract the configuration files
trough snmp?

Yup.  If you've got write SNMP access, there are variables you can feed it
to give it a TFTP server to write it's config out to.  What version of IOS
are they running?

IOS version doesn't really matter in fact. Check out
http://oliver.efri.hr/~crv/security/bugs/Others/snmp10.html
or some cisco resources for mib strings/hints :). (they had
a site explaining how to modify/retrive/store configuration
and IOS image over snmp, but I lost the url to the page).

-Fyodor