Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: pen-testing cisco routers

From: "Mark Maher" <mmaher () ochsner org>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 13:34:59 -0500

Solarwinds (solarwinds.net) has some good tools that do these things. Their Professional Edition has an option (along
with many other options relating to Cisco routers) that downloads a config file from a Cisco router. See

http://www.solarwinds.net/

You can try it free as they have some evaluation versions.

"ruka +" <ruka () my-deja com> 05/25/01 01:46AM >>>

Hi,

I've been doing pen-testing in a client, and we found a couple of CISCO routers w/ SNMP enabled (2500 and 1601).

We have already extracted info about (IPs, routes, et al). Anyone knows if there s a possibility to extract the
configuration files trough snmp?

Regards,
Rui Ribeiro
--