Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: [PEN-TEST] Detecting the presence of a firewall

From: MadHat <madhat () unspecific com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 14:41:09 -0500

At 11:41 AM 5/14/2001 -0400, Ansar Mohammed wrote:
Yes there is a way.

A while ago blackhat released an exploit for checkpoint fw-1.

A side effect of the exploit, regardless of wether it works or not is
that it displays all ip interfaces of the firewall. However, the
firewall rules must allow you to access the management ports.

The exploit runs on Linux or OpenBSD. You can find it at
www.blackhat.com

BlackHat.com is for the BlackHat Briefings put on by DT, I mean Jeff Moss.

anyway the talk can be found here (powerPoint, SureStream audio and Video)
http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-usa-00/bh-usa-00-speakers.html#John McDonald
(sorry for the bad URL, they have a space in it)
But BlackHat did not release an exploit.

Details by the team that presented it can be found at
http://www.dataprotect.com/bh2000/
along with powerpoint slides and the source for their exploit.