Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST] Dial Tone Generator

From: Pierre-Guy Lavoie <pglavoie () AVDL COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 15:22:34 -0500

Hi,

I am looking for a small, portable dial-tone generator that you can plug an
RJ-11 into in order to 'fool' the end point device into thinking you have
dial tone.  I have looked around the web, but I would rather take some
advise from those of you that have worked with some of these devices before.
Other functions, such as fax tone generation, DTMF recognition and the like
would be cool, but not necessary.

it's always depend of what are you going to do with this.

if you want to just monitor the outgoing call you can use a phone manager.
more info there http://www.spyemporium.com/product4.html

if you want to fool a call back system, just record the dial tone on a little
digital recording machine or directly into a palm device with sound support,
like Ipaq, Hp jordana.. etc.