Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST] Dial Tone Generator

From: Attonbitus Deus <Thor () HammerofGod com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 14:49:21 -0800

Greets.

This is a little off the mark, but is relevant to the phone system aspects
of pen-testing.

I am looking for a small, portable dial-tone generator that you can plug an
RJ-11 into in order to 'fool' the end point device into thinking you have
dial tone.  I have looked around the web, but I would rather take some
advise from those of you that have worked with some of these devices before.
Other functions, such as fax tone generation, DTMF recognition and the like
would be cool, but not necessary.

Ideally, a tiny black box with a battery in it that generates dial-tone
would be sufficient for this phone system.  Any specific information like
product name, and model would be greatly appreciated.

Direct responses are preferred unless you think the entire group will
benefit from your post.

Thanks!
Attonbitus Deus
Thor () HammerofGod Com