Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST] finding offensive material

From: Sheila <soulia () HOME COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 12:04:45 -0800

hello,
If during penetration testing files are found on easily accessible business
shares that  could be defined as either sexually or racially offensive, how
should that be  presented in the finding in the final report. I assume this
could leave a company open to law suite concerning hostile work environment,
sexual harassment, racial discrimination, etc., so I would feel somewhat
obligated  to include it in the final report.  I was hoping that someone
who's had some experience with this situation could help me tip toe through
this rather politically charged and potentially embarrassing finding in the
final report.  I'd like to be  thorough in defining the legal risks of this
material to management.  Any help with this would  be greatly appreciated.
If there  is  a more appropriate place to post  this question, please let me
know.

TIA,
Sheila Soulia