Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: An Amateur Pen-Test

From: Damieon Stark <visigoth () mn rr com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 11:20:45 -0500

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 10:58:40AM -0700, David Fuller wrote:
My ISP has asked me to do a penetration test for them and I would like to
get an overview of what I should do short of running Nessus and banging on
there (IDS / Logs) door.

One thing you may want to check out is the "Open-Source Security Testing
Methodology Manual" which I have found is quickly becomming a decent reference
in the art of pen-testing.  It can be found at http://www.ideahamster.org.

Have fun.

Visigoth

--

Damieon Stark, CCSE
Unix/Network Security Engineer

        Damieon Stark           | Microsoft: Where do you want to go today?
        e: visigoth () mn rr com        | Linux: Where do you want to go tommorow?
        p: 612.382.6945         | FreeBSD: Are you guys comming or what?
        pgp: 0xBE5D0C57         | http://www.freebsd.org - The power to serve!