Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: SQL Server 7 question

From: "Aaron C. Newman" <aaron () newman-family com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 17:51:39 -0400

There's really no way to decrypt it - it's a one way hash.

However you can brute force it. There are two functions you can use,
pwdencrypt and pwdcompare, to help you brute force the passwords. Read about
them on the below link.
http://www.sqlmag.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=9809

Also there is a tool you can download to help you out:
http://www.ntsecurity.nu/toolbox/sqldict/

If you have database security questions, we have a board specifically for
database security @  http://www.appsecinc.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

Hope that helps and I'll see you all at BlackHat!

Aaron C. Newman
CTO/Founder
Application Security, Inc.
212-490-6022