Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Tool kit assembly

From: Jonathan Rickman <jonathan () xcorps net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 19:10:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Nicolas Gregoire wrote:

And here begins my request... I was wondering if anyone on this list could
give me recommendations of programs or websites that would be useful for
someone (such as myself) who is creating a 'tool kit'.  With the wide array
of programs available, I'd like to avoid getting programs that are not up to
par.  commercial or non-commercial is fine.

Try Trinux (http://www.trinux.org/).
It's a linux distribution with a LOT of pen-tests tools already inside.

Here is a part of the complete liste available at
http://trinux.sourceforge.net/tools.html :
curl, dsniff, ethereal, firewalk, fragrouter, hping, hunt, isic, nasl
(from Nessus), nemesis, nmap, ngrep, nstreams, openssh, openssl, p0f,
rain, sendip, sing, sniffit, snort, tcpdump, vomit, zodiac, .....

The neat thing about Trinux is, for an "in house" audit...you can often use the
client's hardware and your Trinux floppies to do some neat distributed stuff
from your machine. I keep a set of Trinux floppies in my laptop case with a set
of modules for most common hardware setups. You can load Trinux on a workstation
in every segment and start thrashing.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/