Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] IIS File System Object

From: Daniel Docekal <ddoc () MIA CZ>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 23:24:52 +0100

FileSystem Object is know for this particual security flaw and it is NOT
recommended for any environment where numerous users can misuse it. Anybody
who, for example, wants to use server hosting based on NT/W2K should
deregister dll where FileSystemObject is - there are several replacements of
FileSystemObject available (3rd party). This is also recommended and well
documented in Microsoft white papers about securing web server installation

Daniel