Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Proteon/NX Networks routers?

From: "van der Kooij, Hugo" <Hugo.van.der.Kooij () CAIW NL>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 22:29:31 +0100

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Randy Williams wrote:

Anyone have any familiarity with these devices? Security options seem to
be reasonably minimal, although I also can't find much from typical
sources on any way to crack into em. Any assistance would be most useful.

More details: this is a remote crack, without console. I can read quite a
bit of basic routing/interface info from the router via SNMP (public
community works - go figure). The router has the tftp, bootp, netbios-*,
and snmp UDP ports open, as well as udp ports 1025 and 1026. I can telnet
to it as well and get a login prompt, although that doesn't help much,
since I would prefer not to guess every username/passwd under the sun :)

Try a social hack on username & passwords.

See if you can load a new image or config and make it reboot.

Hugo.

--
hvdkooij () caiw nl     http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
This message has not been checked and may contain harmfull content.