Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST] Proteon/NX Networks routers?

From: Randy Williams <randyw () SHORE NET>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 21:29:40 -0500

Anyone have any familiarity with these devices? Security options seem to
be reasonably minimal, although I also can't find much from typical
sources on any way to crack into em. Any assistance would be most useful.

More details: this is a remote crack, without console. I can read quite a
bit of basic routing/interface info from the router via SNMP (public
community works - go figure). The router has the tftp, bootp, netbios-*,
and snmp UDP ports open, as well as udp ports 1025 and 1026. I can telnet
to it as well and get a login prompt, although that doesn't help much,
since I would prefer not to guess every username/passwd under the sun :)

Thanks in advance,
RW