Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Ideas on netcat

From: "Vo0d0o" <voodooo () rediffmail com>
Date: 24 Aug 2001 06:29:31 -0000

To all netcat gurus,

I hav been experimentin on netcat for a few days and searchin almost everyday on netcat for some possible uses ,but in
vain.

As far as I know, no site is giving some other uses of netcat pertaining to pen-testing ...other than the usual
*README* file which I find too basic.

I would be grateful if anybody could throw some light on uses of netcat in pen-testing.

Thanx in advance.

Cheers,
Kartik.

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/