Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST] What's the best security resources

From: "ATTN! Chris's new address is chris_devoney () ziffdavis com" <chris_devoney () ZIFFDAVIS COM>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 13:48:45 -0700

I'm compiling a short (10-20 item) security-related resources list for our
9/25/2000 issue. The article will be online at our web site the following week.
I would appreciate your experience in this task.

The article is aimed at the technically-adept-but-not-security-seeped  person.
I'm planning on listing (with comments) security-related web resources, but
people can make a case for something else. The suggested resources can be
high-level policy, nuts-and-bolts, or deep into the inner strata-type of
information.

Some sites I'm already including are ICSA.net (www.icsa.net), the SANS institute
(www.sans.org), and Security Focus. I'm listing  BUGTRAQ and the additional
discussion lists separately.

Rather than clutter this forum, if you have any suggestions please E-MAIL them
to me by September 11. I'll post the URL to the article when it goes online (or
post a separate summary if I get more good suggestions than I can use).

I can't guarentee printed attribution for your suggestion, but you'll get a
personal thank you for me.

Thanks for your help!

cdv

Chris DeVoney