Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] First step of a pen-test

From: Cassiano Aquino <cassiano () WWSECURITY NET>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 13:30:39 -0300

Robert van der Meulen wrote:

Hi,

Quoting Tonick, Mike (Mike.Tonick () PS NET):
I may be even more rusty than you...but, wouldn't the following be right?
sed 's/ /\\n/g'
Alas. Doesn't work ;)
I know of no way to specify a substitution like this in a shell script, but
when i need to do something like this i do:

sed 's/ /\<press enter here>
/g'

I know it's ugly - but hey, it works ;)

Greets,
        Robert

p.s. As sed is the 'stream editor', i don't know if it's even supposed to do
multiline regexp stuff..

tr " " "\n"
;)
not too ugly
--
Cassiano Aquino (cassiano () wwsecurity net)
World Wide Security Networks (http://wwsecurity.net)