Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] VMware

From: "Batten, Gerald" <GBatten () EXOCOM COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 10:47:12 -0400

Interesting, but the dual-homed theory won't work, at least not right now...
When you install the latest version of VMWare, it asks you which NIC you
want it mapped to (which you can't change after the fact, which is extremely
annoying).  So, any virtual system you install will be limited to 1 NIC.  A
possible exception would be a dial-up connection in addition to the NIC.

At least, this is my experience.

Gerald Batten

Security Analyst
EXOCOM ENABLING TECHNOLOGIES CORP.
http://www.exocom.com

*Note: Views expressed in this e-mail are not necessarily those of my
employer.