Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] PBX Security

From: Ben Grubin <Ben.Grubin () GUARDENT COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 14:08:19 -0400

More importantly, I believe this can be considered a vendor security bug.
Any resetting of top-level administrative passwords in software, hardcoded
or not, is just plain wrong.  Physical access to the hardware should be
required to reset a top-level administrative password.  Software backdoors
are *never* known by only the right people.  This has been proven time and
time again.

Cheers,
Ben