Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST] X.25 Research

From: Keltic Phrost <kp () DECEPTIVELY SHADY ORG>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 11:47:00 +0100

Hi,

        Just to say, I finally finished the document I was working on for
X.25 protocol security; IMHO it could have been a *lot* better, Unfortunately
it's ended up as one of those projects you start and wish you hadn't, and then
it ends up becoming a chore.

Anyone with an understanding of X.25 will probably be able to shoot holes in
it left right and centre, and I did want to go into much more detail with
regard to LCN allocation, hijacking, injection and the like rather than the
brief flirt given to it (I really need hardware labs to prove these things)
but if it stimulates discussion, then all the better. I actually feel better
discussing the topic than having to dump it all to ASCII, blergh.

You can probably tell the point at which the caffeine / motivation factor
got out of control ;-)

Incidentally, I'm currently un-employed; If anyone is looking for a TCP/IP,
Unix, X.25 or telco flunky to use as a footstool, then please mail me :-)

The URL:

http://www.closed-networks.com/~kp/first-paper.txt

KP