Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Protocol Sniffer on PPP interface

From: Ryan Permeh <ryan () EEYE COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 08:29:26 -0700

the windows port of libpcap does NOT support RAS ppp interfaces.  i ran into
this problem doing the port of nmap to nt.

there is very little documentation, and as far as i can see no code on how
to hook RAS adapters.  this means that dniff, ngrep, snort and the like will
not work with RAS adapters either.

Signed,
Ryan
eEye Digital Security Team