Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Protocol Sniffer on PPP interface

From: "Dunker, Noah" <NDunker () FISHNETSECURITY COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 14:05:47 -0500

Just a quick question... I bought a Network General Distributed
Sniffer Server from an auction... It had all sorts of network
ports on it... 2 NICs with 100BaseTX and Coax, and a bizarre card
(that had it's own intel i960 proc on-board) with 2 d-sub
connectors... 25 Pin Female and 15 pin Female)... Might this be
a mysterious WAN card for sniffing PPP with the Distributed
Sniffer Server?