Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Wanted: info on JetDirect security test procs?

From: Mark Teicher <mark.teicher () NETWORKICE COM>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 17:50:38 -0400

By default, the usual type of services are running on HP Jet Direct

NetBUI
FTP
HTTP
TFTP
Telnet
IPX

I once running Net X-ray on a company I previously worked for and
discovered that the HP JetDirect were broadcasting IPX across the network,
once this service was disabled, the network worked much better.. :)

/m

At 04:00 AM 10/7/00 -0400, Shetron, Richard wrote:
If you check the bugtraq archives, I think you will find some references
to previously known bugs with HP JetDirect.

--
Richard Shetron  multics () ruserved com multics () acm rpi edu  NO UCE
What is the Meaning of Life?      There is no meaning,