Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Wanted: info on JetDirect security test procs?

From: "Grunberg, Jeffrey" <jeff.grunberg () PURCHASE EDU>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 19:53:22 -0400

I've done some playing around with jet direct boxes and found something that
may be useful in the future...You can telnet to port 9100, and just start
typing (end with a CTRL-D or just disconnect) and sends raw text straight to
the printer that's connected...I'm guessing that you've tried printed via
ftping and then using "put filename"...You can also check out
http://www.securityfocus.com/vdb/bottom.html?vid=1491 ...It's a cheap little
DoS attack via ftp for certain firmwares...

 - [jeff]