Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Dead Thread

From: Jim Howard <Jim.Howard () ABCV COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 17:04:15 -0600

Al, I agree it has not, however, can we re-direct it instead of killing it?
Products such as webex are just starting to come into their own, in the
public
light, and they pose some interesting questions for security people.  They
employ a tunnel through your firewall via http, and allow such things as
remote desktop control.  While "handy", the penetration possibilities are
huge.

I would be interested in knowing -> about the product <- , not so much
about the company.  After evaluating it, I came to the conclusion that
it would be a great tool... to run outside the firewall, and shut the
wall off to any sites having to do with webex.

Wonder if people could stick to the Penetration side of this product and
what it means to have tunneling products be in the limelite (was only
a matter of time)

Thanks for your consideration,
Jim