Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] "Get out of Jail Free"

From: "Gallicchio, Florindo (2007)" <florindo.gallicchio () ESAVIO COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 17:48:36 -0500

Gary:

Depending on how the contract is written with the appropriate legalese, we
ask the client to give us their Get Out of Jail Free document for physical
penetration tests.

In other words, the contract itself has the legal wording that gives us
permission to do the security assessment, and we get a separate document for
our auditors to carry with them when they're doing the social
engineering/physical penetration test portion.  A clearly written
authorization letter from the client's CIO does the trick.

Florindo