Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST] "Get out of Jail Free"

From: Gary Warner <glwarner () NARROWGATE NET>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 15:35:51 -0600

We are being challenged by a client's legal department to get better "get out of
jail free" documentation.

I wondered what other professional penetration testers are doing for their
"liability" coverage.  Language to the effect that we are going to access your
boxes, steal your passwords, root your boxes, view confidential information,
trick your employees, walk into secure areas without authorization, and if
anyone has a problem with that, we show our "Get out of Jail Free" card.

We have a little two-pager, but I've been advised by legal counsel for one of
our potential customers that its not worth the paper its written on.

Would love to hear opinions, or better yet see a sample doc that we could
template.

_-_
gar