Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Looking for slides

From: "van der Kooij, Hugo" <Hugo.van.der.Kooij () CAIW NL>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 20:08:23 +0100

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Ed Lamaster wrote:

About 6 months ago I stumbled on a Powerpoint presentation that had some interesting information about how long it
took a stock RedHat box (think it was 5.2, but I might be wrong) to be discovered and completely compromised on a
university network.  My recollection was that the total time elapsed was around 3 or 4 months.

I've been looking "everywhere" for these slides, but haven't been able to find them.  I believe they would be very
useful for convincing the clueless about just how vulnerable they are.

Anyone know the slides I'm referring to and where I can find them?

I saw it mentioned by Lance Spitzner who wrote some nice security related
documents. Have a look at: http://www.enteract.com/~lspitz/pubs.html

Hugo.

--
hvdkooij () caiw nl     http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/