Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST] In House Product Selection for Auditing

From: Alfred Huger <ah () SECURITYFOCUS COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 09:18:07 -0800

Hey folks,

I am hunting around for a system for in-house use here. The idea is for a
system to be managed from a single console where we can audit all of our
hosts on a regular basis. Other features are desired as well but our key
consideration right now is auditing our network on an ongoing basis, host
and network, policy etc.

I am looking at Pentasafe VSM and Axent ESM right now, I am trying to
avoid dealing with sales droids at this point and am simply looking for
good technical feedback on the systems from people who have deployed them
for clients, have pen tested them, or currently own them (in the literal
sense of the expression..)

I am not looking for reviews (Talisker :> ).

Alfred Huger
VP of Engineering
SecurityFocus.com