Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] ...

From: Jim Miller <MillerJ () FABSSB COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 12:29:42 -0600

Bob, I'm familiar with that hack.  For a number of reasons that I cannot relate to you, as they are additional controls
you or a customer will not see, that won't happen to us.  The Citi hack was a Netware spoof and caused the exposure to
be closed.  Again, if you have any specific infomation regarding how you would use the info presented to gain
advantage, please let me know.

Jim Miller, CISA, CDP
VP & IS Audit Mgr
First American Bank Texas
Bryan, Texas   77805-8100
979/361-6515
801/835-5546
millerj () fabssb com

Bob <bob () cavu com> 10/31/00 12:27PM >>>
Within the past one to two three years, CitiBank was relieved of a large
amount of money electronically by Russian crackers.  I believe the total
was about US$10,000,000.  The money was not recovered and the crackers
were not identified or caught.

Bob