Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Education. Formal or not?

From: Nasir Farhat Khan <nasir () instecdigital com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 11:10:14 +0500

In my opinion College degree counts a lot. Everybody knows that Technology
is advancing at break neck speed and college curriculums can't match the
pace, but four years of college education teaches you only one thing: It
teaches you find your way through books, reference materials,
experimentation, and the human side of getting and staying ahead.

Recently the Internet has changed how we used to stay current and our
interaction with the rest of the world. But still four years of college
rigour and the killing routines make you embrace newer things easily. I may
be sounding a bit off the track but my advice is that you stay in the
college. A B.S. counts a lot more than any certification. Certifications are
like software releases Windows NT 3.5, 4.0 and now Windows 2000 but a
college degree arms you with a lot more.

Nasir Farhat Khan
Instec Digital Systems - Pakistan
nasir () instecdigital com