Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Ports

From: Fred Mobach <fred () MOBACH NL>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 21:21:36 +0100

Matt wrote:

I know there was a discussion on this list a while back about ports.
Recently on two different machines I have noticed a wierd port 1025,
open.  I cant think of any program that uses it.  I have checked the
port database and it says network blackjack.  Any searching on network
blackjack has come up as more lists of ports, and no information on what
it is.  Does anyone here know what this is.

If you're using an UNIX computer the command "netstat -anp" shows not
only all connections but also all ports which are listened to and the
associated task.

Regards,

Fred
--
Fred Mobach - fred () mobach nl - postmaster () mobach nl
Systemhouse Mobach bv - The Netherlands - since 1976