Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Suspect .EXE Trojan

From: "Eaton, Arthur" <EATONA () STATE GOV>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 16:11:15 -0500

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, Ruso, Anthony wrote:

Hi,

I have a suspect executable that I think may be a Trojan. A search on the
.exe doesn't return any result with any virus vendor. Are there any tools

The later versions of ZoneAlarm will not only advise you
of programs attempting to access the internet, but also
does a checksum check to see if an incoming executable file
has been tampered with.  (A very recent post or article --
I don't recall where -- also said that Symantec would add
that feature to its firewall in the next release.)

 Arthur Eaton
 Security Coordinator
 CA/EX/CSD
 eatona () state gov